Design Matters Limited is committed to only holding personal data that is accurate, adequate, relevant and not excessive.
This policy provides further details about how we do this, along with details on how to contact us if required.
Collection and Use of personal data
Design Matters Ltd. collect personal data for a small number of specific reasons, including;
1. To enable us to perform our contractual responsibilities for customer support services and/or project delivery
2. To enable us to provide quotations for products and services
3. To enable us to process orders for products and services, including delivery
4. To send informative and relative marketing messages about our and our customer's products and services
Personal Data is processed in relation to bullet points 1, 2 and 3; “Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract”.
For us to be able to carry out the above-mentioned activities we may need to share your data with relevant third parties as follows:
– To suppliers to enable us to process quotations for products and services
– To vendors to be able to raise support incidents and requests
– To third party support organisations where Design Matters Ltd. outsource elements of support or are acting on the customers' behalf
– Marketing partners for the purpose of executing Design Matters Ltd. marketing campaigns or customer campaigns
Please be assured that Design Matters Ltd. will never sell or lease personal data to third-party organisations for direct marketing purposes. The types of data Design Matters Ltd. may collect include:
1. Personal details, including; name, job title, email, telephone number and address. Usually, the address will be your place of work, however occasionally Design Matters Ltd. may need to know of your home address.
2. IP address, if required for resolving support issues or during project delivery services.
Design Matters Ltd. will only collect relevant personal data that is required for us to provide you with our services. Normally this data will be obtained directly from you, although we may occasionally use third party marketing services. Where this is the case we will always ensure that the third party marketing agency hold the correct permissions for your data to be used for the intended purpose.
Retention and deletion policy
Design Matters Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your data is protected. In order to prevent unauthorised access Design Matters Ltd. has put in place appropriate physical and electronic security to keep your data safe. Design Matters Ltd. will keep your data for an appropriate length of time to enable us to continue providing our services to you, or until such time you withdraw your consent (if consent is the basis for processing).
Access to your information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the following address:
Design Matters Ltd
33 Cambridge Gardens
Rights of the Data Subject
Design Matters Ltd
33 Cambridge Gardens
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Payment transactions may be undertaken by third-party service providers and will be encrypted using industry-standard SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access online accounts, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Although we make every effort to protect the personal information which you provide to us, the transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the website and that any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies are in use on our website. A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the webserver to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Last modified 06/05/2020